LAWYERS« View all Lawyers
Swathi Bojedla joined the firm in 2011 as an associate and is a member of the Sports and Entertainment, Mass Torts, and Antitrust/Competition practice groups.
Ms. Bojedla has worked on a wide variety of cases across the legal spectrum, including the following matters:
• Dryer et al. v. NFL (D. Minn.), a class action filed on behalf of retired NFL players concerning the NFL’s use of their names, images, and likenesses. The case recently settled for $50 million and the agreement further provides retired NFL players with commercial licensing opportunities as a means of gaining additional income.
• In re Concussions Litigation (E.D. Penn.), a mass personal injury and class medical monitoring case on behalf of retired NFL players seeking care and treatment for former players suffering the effects of repeated head trauma from their playing days.
• Eller et al. v. NFLPA (D. Minn.), a class action filed on behalf of retired NFL players against the NFL players union stemming from the union’s improper representation of retired player interests during the negotiations surrounding NFL-NFLPA 2011 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Bowman et al. v. St. Joseph’s Medical Center et al. (Circuit Court of Md., Baltimore County), a mass tort action arising from the placement of unnecessary stents in patients at a Baltimore-area hospital. The case culminated in a month-long jury trial that ultimately resulted in a global resolution compensating over 240 affected patients.
• In re Municipal Derivatives Litigation (S.D.N.Y.), a class action alleging a bid-rigging conspiracy between banks involved in the market for municipal bond offerings. To date, over $80 million in settlements have been achieved for the class of municipalities harmed by anticompetitive practices.
Ms. Bojedla graduated from Brown University with a B.A. in Human Biology and Public Policy. She worked for Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton before attending law school at Georgetown University, where she served as Managing Editor for the Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy. Prior to her arrival at Hausfeld LLP, Ms. Bojedla worked on Title VII litigation in the D.C. District Court for Georgetown Law’s Institute for Public Representation, a civil rights clinic.
Brown University, B.A., Human Biology & Public Policy, 2007
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2011
New York Bar
Affiliations & Honors
Managing Editor, Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy
Clerk, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee
Michael Hausfeld and Swathi Bojedla, The NFLPA’s Potential Legal Liability to Former Players for Traumatic Brain Injury, Concussions Litigation Reporter, Vol. 1, No. 1 (2012)
Swathi Bojedla, Is Major League Baseball’s Antitrust Exemption in Jeopardy?, ABA Antitrust Section Media & Technology E-Bulletin, Vol. 1, Iss. 3 (2013)